Instagram has become one of the fastest-growing and most popular social media sites on the Internet today. Currently, there are 600 million monthly active users of the site, with 400 million active daily users. In all, 20 per cent of all Internet users use Instagram in some way like an Instagram video.
Instagram is a photographer’s dream. It allows for stunning photos to be shared online through a site and application that is designed specifically for it. It is an excellent way to expand a person’s portfolio and reach millions of potential clients and contacts.
You may not think that it is something that would be useful for video promotion. But in actuality Instagram can present you with some very unique opportunities to reach a whole new possible viewer base.
Instagram Video Tips
If you are going to be using Instagram, it is not so much about showing the video. It’s about showing cool things about the making of the video. Here are some quick tips to help you out:
- First, go behind the scenes with your videos. On Instagram, show people how you make your products, give a tour of the office, or short one-minute interviews with the people who work there. It is a quick look behind everything and it can be very popular with users.
2. Another great idea is to have how-to Instagram video. If you are a company that makes coffee, show how to make the perfect cup of coffee. If you make canoes, show how the process is to make the canoe.
3. Short Instagram video can be great for promoting quick snippets of the video as well. The restrictions of the video also mean that you can show quick trailers that will get quick shares on the social media website.
4. With your video promotion on Instagram, also be fun with it and be entertaining. The more followers you get, the more exposure you get on the website. It is a great way to really expand your video and get more viewers than you thought you would get through something like Instagram.
5. You only have a few seconds to grab the attention on Instagram, so make your first few seconds of your video promotion really pop. Make it all stand out quickly and you can keep people interested and you can drive them to the main video.
There are several restrictions to keep in mind with Instagram.
1. Video Requirements
All videos can only be 60 seconds long at most but must be at least three seconds long. That can be limiting but it can also help you think outside the box with your video promotion.
2. Video Stats
The only way to see how your video is doing is to see the comments and likes on the video. The more of those and the more followers you get, the more exposure your video is receiving.
3. Promotion Options
You can buy sponsored ads on Instagram that will put the video on the screens of many Instagram users, but the advertising is much more limited when compared to something like Facebook Ads.
With hundreds of millions of users on Instagram, the demographic tends to be much more urban and younger than other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
5. Pros and Cons
One of the great things about Instagram is that you can add filters to your videos to really give them a cool look. You also have a huge base of people who check Instagram on a regular basis and that means a lot of people to reach. On the downside, there is little in the way of directed promotion on Instagram. You pretty much put your video up on Instagram and you hope people enjoy it.